at any other location than what is indicated above.
Common Questions :
1 . On an activity trip after school, where can students be loaded or unloaded?
2 . What is the hourly rate charged for using a school bus on an activity trip? What is the rate per mile?
3. Is there a different charge for a Special Needs activity trip?
4. On an activity trip at a public place (not at a school), where can students be unloaded or loaded?
5. When is a bus considered a charter bus?
6. When at a competitor's school on an activity trip, where do you park the bus?
1. Charter buses are reserved upon request only. All requests for charter buses must be submitted 30 days prior to departure date.
2. Once the trip is submitted, dispatch will make all the necessary arrangements for the charter bus.
3. If the trip is overnight, out of state, or further than 150 miles, a charter bus will be scheduled and a district form must be completed along with a copy sent to dispatch at least 3 weeks before the departure date. If the trip is overnight a hotel room must be provided for the bus driver.
4. An itinerary of the activity trip must accompany the overnight form.
5. To insure safety, periodic pre-inspections of the charter buses will be conducted.
1. When a charter bus is requested by you, the entire amount of the trip will be billed to the requester.
2. When a trip will make a district driver exceed their time on the clock, a hotel room will be reserved for the bus driver, or, a charter bus will be scheduled. The requesting group will be billed the entire amount.
3. If a charter bus is scheduled because of driver shortage, transportation will pay the entire amount.