The Booster Association will provide scholarship funds for graduating seniors. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize outstanding students and provide them with a nominal award to be used for book costs or similar expenses in college. The amount will vary depending on the budget. It is expected that 10% of all membership fees will be set aside for scholarship awards.
- Criteria is as follows:
- The student shall –
- Be a graduating senior;
- Be accepted for the fall semester at a post-secondary school;
- Have been a member of an athletic team or extracurricular club all 4 years at Verrado High School (excluding time lost due to injuries);
- Have had one parent or guardian who has been a member of the VHS Booster Association for at least three out of the four years of the student’s high school career (since January 1, 2012 for new students);
- Exemplify solid leadership skills, history of strong academics and support the school’s motto of “ONE VERRADO” and;
- Submit an application with an endorsement from one teacher and one athletic coach or club advisor;
- The draft selection criteria include:
- Confirmation by school administrators of the student’s eligibility.
- Confirmation by the Booster Board of Director’s of the parent or guardian’s participation in Boosters.
The number of scholarships will depend on the amount of funds available and the number of applications received.
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE BOOSTER ASSOC. NO LATER THAN APRIL 15, 2013.
*****Late Applications WILL NOT be accepted*****