Ms. Colín has served in the Agua Fria Union High School District for 14 years. She is going into her twelfth year in high school counseling. She is a member of the American School Counselors Association (ASCA) and the Arizona School Counselors Association (AzSCA). Ms. Colín is best reached by email and by appointment.
The vision of the Canyon View High School counseling program is for all students to advance with an empowering comprehensive skills set, equipped with 21st century competencies, college and career ready proficiency, and strong academic mastery to lead as serving community members.
The mission of Canyon View High School counseling program is to provide a proactive, innovative, high quality, all-inclusive curriculum. Canyon View will promote academic success, personal and social growth, and support post-secondary goals. We do this through a data-driven model in collaboration with students, parents, school staff, and community advocates.
The Canyon View High School Counseling Program believes
- All Students
- have dignity and worth.
- have diverse strengths, needs, and abilities that attributes to their success.
- have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- have access to a full time, state certified master’s degree level counselor.
- The School Counseling Program
- is aligned with the American School Counselors Association national model standards.
- is developed and delivered by school counselors.
- is designed to meet the developmental needs of all students.
- is an integral part of the total school mission and vision.
- is built on school data and evaluated by school counselors to develop goals that measure needs and growth.
- School Counselors
- abide by the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards.
- provide equal access counseling services as advocates to all students.
- Strive for professional excellence through continued study and participation in relevant professional organizations and professional development.
How can students see the counselor?
- Student self-referral
- Staff referral
- Parent referral