Dual Enrollment is a type of Special Admission and a partnership between Canyon View High School and either a community or four-year college. Lower division (100-200 level) college courses are taught at the high school during regular hours. These courses are counted towards high school requirements, giving you the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit for the same courses. Satisfactory completion of these courses, allows students to use the credits toward a degree.
- Increases high school graduation rates
- Promotes high school student motivation and engagement
- Provides students with more advanced, rigorous coursework
- Includes potential for high school and college credit
- Helps build college awareness
- Promotes college access for a wide range of students
- Prepares students for the academic and behavioral expectations of college
- Saves money on tuition and books
- Saves time and finish college faster
- Provides access to community or college campus and resources
The number and type of Dual Enrollment courses vary by high school. Placement testing is required for some courses. Students must pay tuition, but tuition assistance is available on a limited basis and fees will vary per course.
Dual Enrollment course options will not be offered until the 2020-2021 school year, the junior year for incoming freshmen. Please check back for more details on what options will be available.