What is the Student Ambassador Program?
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Canyon View High School. Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, serve as a CVHS representative and perform duties at various CVHS campus and community events. Student Ambassadors also serve in three areas within the campus at Athletic Events, the Accelerator and the Welcome Center where they act as a first point of contact to visitors, both by phone and in person. Have a question? Ask An Ambassador!
What does a Student Ambassador do?
- Welcome and greet public at Welcome Center and Accelerator.
- Develop an expanded knowledge of Canyon View High School and the Jaguar Way.
- Conduct campus tours for new students, schools, classes, and guests.
- Represent Canyon View High School during school events.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Maintain Canyon View’s expectations regarding appearance and professionalism.
- Attend monthly club meetings and required trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- ALL Student Ambassadors MUST attend a mandatory orientation
- Student Ambassadors will distribute posters to appropriate locations on and around the campus as needed.
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
As a Student Ambassador you will develop a wide range of transferable skills that will benefit you. Employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service! Student Ambassadors will gain leadership skills that will help build your resume, university and scholarship applications. You will earn letters of recommendations, get connected to and serve your campus, and help students and the community learn more about Canyon View High School.
Becoming a Student Ambassador
Qualifications to apply…
- Must have a quarterly and cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Position has a one academic year commitment. (Fall-Spring)
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline and enthusiasm.
- Complete application process. Including teacher referral/recommendation.
- Are positive
- Excel at communicating with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Value and represent the Jaguar Way
- Have a commitment to diversity and cultural pluralism