The vision of the Canyon View High School counseling program is for all students to advance with an empowering comprehensive skills set, equipped with 21st century competencies, college and career ready proficiency, and strong academic mastery to lead as globally responsible citizens. With an innovative mindset all students will demonstrate proficiency in verbally stating and identifying their barriers and independently and strategically find solutions to overcome barriers. All students will promote diversity awareness, cultural competence, trauma sensitivity, inclusivity, social justice, and equity.
The mission of Canyon View High School counseling program is to provide a proactive, innovative, high quality, all-inclusive curriculum. The school counseling department will promote academic success, personal and social growth, and support post-secondary goals. By offering comprehensive and developmentally-appropriate personalized planning, responsive services, and a system of supports. Through a data-driven model in collaboration with students, parents, school staff, and community advocates.
The Canyon View High School Counseling Program believes
- All Students
- have dignity and worth.
- have diverse strengths, needs, and abilities that attributes to their success.
- have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- have access to a full time, state certified master’s degree level counselor.
- The School Counseling Program
- is aligned with the American School Counselors Association national model standards.
- is developed and delivered by school counselors.
- is designed to meet the developmental needs of all students.
- is an integral part of the total school mission and vision.
- is built on school data and evaluated by school counselors to develop goals that measure needs and growth.
- School Counselors
- abide by the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards.
- provide equal access counseling services as advocates to all students.
- Strive for professional excellence through continued study and participation in relevant professional organizations and professional development.