Please try these steps:
- Once on google meet, hit the lock button to the left of the web address, make sure that the camera is "allowed", the mic is "allowed" and sound is "allowed". If the sound is not under the lock, you will need to click the gear that reads "site settings" and scroll down until you see the option for sound. It needs to say "allow" and NOT "automatic / default".
- Make sure there are no other tabs open on Chrome
- Make sure you have the right link for the right class/time for Google Meets
- Make sure music and other programs are not running at the same time
- Make sure you are selecting Integrated Camera while on zoom/Google Meet
- Update Chrome Browser: Navigate to the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner of the web browser screen, Find "help" and click on it, Find "About Chrome" and click on it, once on the About Chrome Screen, navigate to Chrome Updates and "check for updates".
- Power Off your Chromebook, do not shut the lid, hold down the power button until the screen goes black. Wait 15seconds, then power it back up.
- Please make sure your Chromebook is plugged in to have a continuous power source, and to have the Chromebook on a flat surface like a desk, that way heat can escape the device much easier.