Paying for a higher education or a trade school

  • When it comes to paying for higher education (community college, university or certain trade schools), it can get expensive. There are two ways to receive money that you do not pay back. They are: Grants & Scholarships

    Federal Pell Grants & Scholarships.

    To receive a federal pell grant, you must complete the FAFSA application. Click on the link to the left titled "FAFSA Application & Information". 

    There are literally thousands of scholarships available to pay for college, university or trade school. 

    There is work involved when it comes to applying for a scholarship. The student will be required to complete an application and submit an essay. There are scholarships that will also ask for a copy of the students' official transcript, resume, and possibly a letter of recommendation. Don't let this stand in your way!!! There are thousands of local, state and national dollars available to obtain a higher education!

    Comments (-1)
  • An Additional Way to pay for your higher Education

    The Arizona Promise Program -

    provides financial assistance for students whose federal Pell grants or other financial aid don't cover the cost of college tuition and fees. 

    The award amount is up to the actual cost of in-state tuition, mandatory fees and program fees after other financial aid.

    Qualifying students are guaranteed their tuition, mandatory fees and program fees will be fully covered.

    Qualifications: - Be an Arizona Resident - Graduate from an AZ high school with a minimum 2.5 GPA.

    Complete the FAFSA application by April 1st of the students high school senior year and qualify for the maximum federal Pell Grant. FAFSA applications open early December this year.

    Click here for additional information about the Arizona Promise Program.

    Comments (-1)