AFUHSD provides school based mental health services(SBS) to our students and their families as well as resources on restorative practices and social/emotional learning.
Touchstone School Based Services
In a continued effort to support the social/emotional needs of our students, the Agua Fria Union High School District provides school based mental health services(SBS) to our students and their families.
Touchstone SBS provides comprehensive behavioral services for youth and their families in the youth’s school or another convenient site for the youth and family. Some highlights of the program include:
Individualized Treatment Plan
- Individual and/or Family Therapy
- Evidenced Based Curriculum
- Additional Services as Needed
- Most often a referral will be sent to Touchstone via the school counselor or social worker.
- Parent/Guardians are required to participate in the referral process.
- Touchstone will make 3 attempts with the family to schedule an intake meeting.
- After the intake meeting, a therapy plan will be developed and services may begin.
- The referred student is seen during the school day by the therapist.
- The student and therapist have a confidential space to meet.
- Scheduling is done to provide the least amount of disruption to the student.
- Opportunities for Grant Funding (if funding is available and they meet criteria)
- Private Pay - Sliding Fee Scale