The primary purpose of the AFUHSD Payroll Department is to pay salaries and wages to employees in an accurate and timely manner and to provide information for managerial purposes.
The Payroll Department processes approximately 800 paychecks biweekly pay period. Payroll accounts for about 80% of the District Budget.
- Process all wages and salary payments
- Set up Direct Deposit and additional checking/savings accounts if requested
- Withhold proper taxes and establishing authorized deductions
- Withhold AZ State retirement contributions
- Answering employee and departmental inquiries
- Processing child support income withholding orders
- Issuing earnings statements and W-2s
- Review all payroll payment requests for accuracy
- Manage the Veritime and AESOP timekeeping System
For complete verification of employment for present and past employees, fax verification of employment to (623) 932-7332.