The AFUHSD Leadership Cadre recruits and prepares employees for school and District leadership positions. It enables the District to tap into their own pool of talent and create a culture within the organization of “growing our own” leaders.
Gain Knowledge and Skills in:
- Career pathways
- Leadership skills
- District Opportunities/Requirements
- Job Responsibilities/insight
- Collaborative, inclusive environments
- Interviewing/hiring Processes
- Real “hands-on” experiences
- Guest speakers
- Mock Interviews
- Career Advancement
- Multi-tiered approach to accommodate all levels of leadership
Leadership Cadre Qualifications and Expectations:
- 2 years minimum in the district
- Must be in good standing (no discipline or letters of directive issued in 2021, 2022 or 2023)
- Certified Staff also needs recent/current experience as a site/district leader, specialist, TOSA, admin intern, or active committee member (i.e. Advisory, SBG, PD, etc.)
- Attend 7 sessions (after school hours)
- Participate in Summer PD Academy
- Commit to one District leadership event/activity each month
- Complete session activities as assigned
Session topics include, but are not limited to:
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Determining whether leadership is a good fit for you.
- Knowing when you are ready to apply, and which leadership roles may best align with your strengths and interests.
- Strengthening your own leadership and overall readiness as you prepare for a job search and a strong, successful first year.
- Importance of interconnectedness between roles, as well as their unique influences on achieving equitable outcomes for students.
- Important things to consider before you begin looking and applying for positions.
- Tips for successfully transitioning to a leadership role within your own District.
- Your first position: What to expect, keeping up with the workload, and how to ensure you are a positive, contributing member of your team.