The AFUHSD is committed to the safety of our staff, students, families, and guests we serve. Although buildings will be open, we request that business occur electronically, virtually, or through phone communication. Visitor Policy / Política de visitante
Please call (623) 932-7500 for assistance or to set up an appointment.
UPDATED Information regarding Picture Days on January 19 and 20:
January 13, 2021 Scorpion Families;
We would first like to thank everyone that has signed up for an appointment for Picture Day on January 19 and 20. After an overwhelming request, we have now added the opportunity for our Class of 2021 to also have their picture taken on campus. Understandably, this year has been overwhelming and caused for changes along the way, and we do appreciate the flexibility and understanding of our families during this unprecedented time. With that being said, we do have to make some changes to our Picture Day schedule as outlined below:
1. Picture day for grades 9-11 will still be held on January 19 and 20, however, time times have been changed. Pictures will now be taken from 3:30 – 6:30 PM both days in the Performing Arts Center. ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL NEED TO BE RESCHEDULED THROUGH THE NEW LINK: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054ea5ae2da20-desert5
3. Picture day for SENIORS ONLY will be held on January 19 from 3:30 – 6:30 PM in the Performing Arts Center as well. Seniors will have two photos taken – one for the yearbook, and one in a Cap and Gown. APPOINTMENTS FOR SENIORS ONLY CAN BE SCHEDULED THROUGH THE LINK: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054ea5ae2da20-desert6
4. SENIORS will also have the opportunity to preorder their photos. Preordering will select your Cap and Gown Photo automatically. After Grads takes your photo, you will have both the cap and gown and regular clothes photo to choose from in your gallery. Please follow the link below to preorder photos: https://vando.imagequix.com/g1000837676#login
5. We do hope to have a makeup day for pictures later in the Spring, however, this has not been determined at this time.
6. The deadline for senior yearbook photos has been extended as well. The new deadline for seniors to have their picture taken either on-campus 1/19/21 or by making an appointment directly with Grads Photography is April 3, 2021. If you would like to make an appointment to have your picture taken at the studio, please contact Grads Photography directly at: 623-566-1082.
We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and do appreciate your flexibility during this unique time.
Colleen B. Koblinski Desert Edge High School Parent Involvement and Community Relations Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org 623-932-7500; ext. 3160
For enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year, open enrollment applications submitted on or before January 18, 2021, are subject to the final determination of capacity established by the Governing Board in December 2020, and will be processed in accordance with Board Policy JFB, “Open Enrollment.” Applications submitted after January 18, 2021 will be processed subject to the capacity at each school site.
View the District's Parent Hub:
The Parent Hub is a platform to explore and ask questions. Topics include Educational Technology, School Safety Procedures, Social/Emotional Health Program, Standards-Based Grading, School and Community Resources, and much more.