Home of the Scorpions
Located near the Estrella Mountains, Desert Edge High School is the third high school in the Agua Fria Union High School District, opening in the Fall of 2002. Desert Edge was the first "Green" Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) silver certificate high school in Arizona, and the fourth in the nation.Desert Edge is an A+ School of Excellence! The A+ School of Excellence™ Program is a comprehensive school assessment program that celebrates outstanding schools and brings to light the positive stories and successes happening in public schools every day. Desert Edge has consistently been awarded the Washington Post's America's Most Challenging High School and US News and World Report Best High School in America. Desert Edge is the only high school in Arizona to earn gold medal status in the Beat the Odds program for the 2018-2019 school year. Additionally, Desert Edge was recognized in 2019 for building "a college-going community" with The Most Innovative Player Award from the Governor’s Office of Education and The Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education.
Desert Edge is located on Estrella Parkway and Yuma Road near the Goodyear Ballpark, the spring training home of the Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Guardians.
Creating Choice, Crafting Character, Cultivating Community
Increase academic for all students
Our Core Beliefs
Academic performance drives leadership, design, culture, decisions, and academic performance
- A+ School of Excellence 2016-2019 and 2020-2024
- Washington Post Index Challenge - America’s Most Challenging High Schools 2015 - 2019
- US News and World Report – AZ Top 100 Best High Schools in America 2019 and 2021
- Beat the Odds Institute Gold Medal 2019
- 11.5 Million Dollars in Scholarships – Class of 2023
- 385 Advanced Placement Exams 2021
- AZ NASSP Principal of the Year 2018-2019