On the day of the absence, a parent/ legal guardian must notify the school's attendance office.
Call 623-932-7501, wait for the prompts, and dial extension 3011.
Please include the following information when leaving a message regarding attendance:
- Student's Full Name
- Student's ID number
- Parent/Guardian's name
- Parent/Guardian's phone number
- Reason for absence
Please call in absences within 24 hours. After 24 hours, the absence can no longer be excused.
Notes from parent/ guardian will also be accepted but must be presented to the attendance office BEFORE THE 1st SCHEDULED CLASS.
Medical absences must have a doctor's note submitted to the attendance office within 24 hours of the student's return to school.
Students who have 10 consecutive days of absences in all classes WILL BE DROPPED from school for non-attendance.
The attendance office will often take up to 10 days to enter all school business (SB) activities.
A student is NOT EXCUSED in the following situations:
- Failure to attend school without proper authorization
- Leaving school without signing out through the attendance office. Students who have permission to leave campus during the school day MUST SIGN OUT THROUGH ATTENDANCE before leaving.
- No parental notification given to the school for the student's absence
- Unauthorized absence from a class
- Missing the school bus.
Phone calls are no longer necessary to excuse tardiness.
- Students arriving on campus after 8:15 AM will check in at Attendance.
- Students are only allowed five tardies per semester.
- Once five have been reached, Sweep may be assigned per school policy.
- To get students to class as soon as possible, students will now sign in via a computer.
- Attendance is taken at the start of every class.
- If a student is late to class in the first 20 minutes, Teachers mark them for Sweep.
- If a student arrives to a class after 20 minutes without a pass from attendance, the student will remain marked as absent for the period.
- 1st & 2nd Offenses: Sweep logged into the system
- 3rd Offense: Sweep logged into the system and assigned After-School detention (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays from 3:15- 4:00PM)
- 4th Offense: Sweep logged into the system and referral to Admin