Students have a one-hour lunch every day except for Wednesdays and early release days.
What to do during Power Hour?
- Attend club and sports meetings
- Conduct school business (Bookstore, Athletics, Guidance office, etc.)
- Meet with counselors for group sessions and academic questions
- Meet with career specialist
- Attend college visitation meetings
- Attend AP study groups and performance practices
- Meet with teachers for Academic Overtime
Academic Overtime is mandatory lunch tutoring for 30 minutes. If you are receiving a 69% or lower in your class(es), you will be required to attend Academic Overtime.
What does this mean?
- During Power Hour, you will have 30 minutes of Academic Overtime and 30 minutes for lunch.
- Academic Overtime lasts a week for as long as your grade is a D or F.
- Teachers may also assign day-to-day Academic Overtime if a student is missing an assignment.
- Academic Overtime is for everyone. Students do not need to be failing to attend Academic Overtime. Any student may attend for extra help or to work on class work.