Meals during Remote Learning
All children, 0-18 will receive daily, reimbursable meals, at no cost, by means of ESS Homebound, Blue Bird Eats, Meal Distribution Program, and Curbside Pickup.
Blue Bird Eats is a home delivery meal service program available to all AFUHSD students and families.
To qualify for Blue Bird Eats you must live within the school boundaries and NOT within the walking boundaries of AFHS.
If you have NOT registered for Blue Bird Eats, you can email your request for registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You MUST include your student's ID#, Student's Name, Student's School, Home Delivery Address, Home Phone Number, Home Email Address and how many children, under 18 live within your household.
Meal Distribution Program happens each Wednesday, from 8am to 4pm at Agua Fria High School, West Student Parking Lot and Desert Edge High School Auditorium Loop.
Families can pick up complete meal baskets consisting of reimbursable breakfast and lunch entrees, vegetables, fruit and milk.
If you have NOT registered for Meal Distribution Program, you can email your request for registration to email@example.com.
You MUST include your Student's Name, Student's School, Parent Name, Home Phone Number, Home Email Address and how many children, under 18, live within your household.
Daily meal baskets are available each school day at AFHS Curbside Pickup in the West Student Parking Lot from 11:00am to 12:45pm.
Each meal basket contains 1 breakfast and 1 lunch meal.
No registration is required to participate.
All children, 0-18, qualify to pickup a meal bag.
Arizona Food Bank Network - Food Bank locations within our area.
1. Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church Outreach Program
918 S Litchfield Road, Goodyear, AZ 85338
Tuesday 8:0am - Noon
Eligibility: Walk-ins served. No referral required. Photo ID and proof of address within service area. Must meet federal poverty guidelines.
2. Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank
405 E. Harrison Dr, Avondale AZ 85323
Monday - Friday
8:00am - Noon
Eligibility: Walk-ins served. No referral required. Photo ID and proof of address within service area.
3. City of Avondale
1007 S. 3rd. Street, Avondale, AZ 85323
1st. Monday of the month
9:00am - 10:00am
Eligibility: Call for Requirements. 623.333.2700
Student Meal Services within our area.
1. AVONDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
2. LITCHFIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
LESD IS OFFERING FREE CURBSIDE MEALS FOR ALL CHILDREN AGE 18 AND UNDER FROM 10:00AM TO 12:00 PM AT SIX SCHOOLS. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED.
CHILDREN DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT.
1. BARBARA B. ROBEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - 5340 NORTH WIGWAM CREEK BLVD.
2. DREAMING SUMMIT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - 13335 WEST MISSOURI AVENUE, LITCHFIELD PARK
3. LITCHFIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - 255 EAST WIGWAM BLVD. LITCHFIELD PARK
4. MABEL PADGETT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - 15430 WEST TURNEY, GOODYEAR
5. PALM VALLEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - 2801 NORTH 135TH AVENUE, GOODYEAR
6. VERRADO MIDDLE SCHOOL - 2088 WEST MAIN STREET, BUCKEYE
3. WASHINGTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
4. PENDERGAST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
5. TOLLESON UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT