CTE Internship offers an opportunity for students to pursue a career path, to gain first-hand work experience and to determine a career interest before graduation. Interns work in a mentored, paid or non-paid position, throughout the school year while earning school credit.
CTE and Professional Internships
A CTE Program Completer - A student that has completed all levels of a CTE Pathway that is seeking to apply field knowledge and skills. For example, a student in Sports Medicine that has taken Sports Medicine I & II would be considered a CTE Intern. This student is seeking to apply their CTE Pathway knowledge and will complete his/her internship hours in a nearby physical therapy facility.
A Professional Intern is a student that has not completed a CTE course sequence. This student currently has a paid job and is seeking school credit for their job placement.
Both interns are required to comply with course requirements in order to obtain school credit.
Program Requirements for Students
- Must be an upcoming senior, with a 2.8+ GPA.
- Complete the Internship Application & 2 letters of recommendation
- CTE Teacher Letter of Recommendation
- Faculty Letter of Recommendation
- Attend all in-person class times. Refer to Appendix D for in-person dates.
- Complete all coursework assessments - reflective journals, timesheets, mentor evaluations, portfolio, and presentation.
- Agree to work 130 hours or more throughout the school year (65 per semester).
- Students are responsible for arranging transportation to and from the internship site.
Partners with Pathways
We want to engage our community in providing work-based learning opportunities for students. There are several different ways to do this:
Ready to get involved? Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Guest Speaking
- Job Shadowing
- Business Partner Client-Based Projects
- Student Internships
- Teacher Externships